It is not easy to come by green eyes because they are rare in distribution. That means getting your best makeup can also be a challenge.
There are quite a number hair dye options for women with green eyes and warm undertones, cool tones, pale, fair, light, tan or olive skin. Here are flattering hair color ideas for your green color to try.
You have seen celebrities and the way they always have perfect hair and eye makeup. One thing about their hair colorists and stylists is that they choose hues that complement their skin tone, minimize flaws and bring out their bright eye colors. It is the same thing you should follow.
Best Hair Color for Green Eyes?
Since green eyes are very beautiful, we want your hair to match up to their billing as well. One piece of advice given by Allwomenstal’s Heather Jensen is that “one color that does not exactly work for green eyes is silver.” While giving her makeup tips, she says warm colors including gold and bronzes bring out green eyes.
- As we had seen earlier, if you have hazel green eyes, your best way of highlighting the green flecks in your eyes is to choose shades of brown.
- Blonde hair can also look great, as it will highlight your light eye color.
- Girls with freckles, the ideal hair color for green eyes and freckles on skin should be able to diminish their appearance if you want it to be so (though freckles are beautiful I don’t see a reason to minimize their effect on your skin), or complement them.
- Chocolate-brown with highlights closer to your eyes will really highlight your eyes.
With a few of these general hair beauty tips, what hair color is perfect for green eyes on different skin tones? Not all of us have the same skin tone or undertones for that matter. Therefore, as Polly Leider writing for CBS News puts it, “Picking the wrong shade can be a disaster for your overall appearance. It can make you look tired, sickly or unnaturally ruddy.”
For head turning looks, green eyes can really be an added advantage. You can style your hair to give it that volumized look if you get the color right against your eyeshadow, lip makeup as well as outfits.
Best Hair Color for Green Eyes and Cool Skin Tone
General guidelines for choosing the correct hair color for green eyes and cool skin involve cooling off the blue-red undertones in your skin. So, here are quick tips to help you and your colorist get the right shades to either warm up some tones or cool off the overbearing ones with ease.
- Tip #1: Intense shades of hair colors like blonde, red and brown, when used as the base color will be perfect for girls with cool skin tones.
- Tip #2: Here, you should not miss highlights. But what hue should you add to the intense colors? Probably highlights with taupe, honey, shades of ash or wheat will be perfect in order to create a contrast with the base color you will have chosen.
Some hair salon experts recommend that you need to counter the red and blue undertones that often appear under the eyes in order to highlight green eyes or even blue-green eyes. If you can achieve a skin that looks more of peaches-and-cream instead of the red-blue undertone complexion by playing around with your hair colors, then you will be heading in the right direction.
Best Hair Color for Green Eyes and Warm Skin Tone
During the Sports Illustrated photo-shoot some years ago, model Rose Bertam, with green eyes and warm skin tone came out outstanding with her golden blonde tint.
As many hair fashion and stylists noted, she was stunning because everything was complementing her eye color. So, borrowing from her example, here are tips for warm skin toned girls.
- Tip #1: Warmer skins, especially those with yellow undertones, are perfect with cinnamon, ginger, copper shades, shades of red such as strawberry and russet.
- Tip #2: If your skin is warm and leaning towards the golden undertone, avoid shades of deep brown hair color. These, according to Parvin Klein, a renowned head colorist working at the John Barret Salon, will give you a flat look. You will also end up looking as if you have a yellow tint to your skin, which is not true.
- Tip #3: Your best choices, should be rich colors at the base. These include mahogany, chestnut, auburn and darker shades of golden brown. Go ahead and highlight these with copper streaks, red or cinnamon.
These are very general guidelines, but the whole idea is to make you accentuate your undertones as well as the color of your eyes. Green eyed girls with warm skins are bright to look at and that is what your hair should be helping you achieve.
Green Eyes and Fair Skin
Women with darker skin tones cannot wear lighter hair colors because they will look unnatural. However, when it comes to women with fair skin and green eye color, lighter shades and hues can look just perfect. So, what shades of hair color are good for fair skin with green eyes?
- Red and its shades: These shades are probably the best. To add to this, women with freckles and a few blemishes can also go for shades of red as these will bring the focus to the bright eyes.
- Black hair dyes
- A range of blonde colors
Let the guiding factor in choosing which hues will look good on you be the kind of undertones you have on your skin. The essence of black on cool undertones, for example will give you that contrast and simply highlight your eyes.
What if you are fair skinned with warm undertones? We have already seen the general guidelines above. However, to be specific here, blonde colors will always do. You will also discover that shades that are too light may not be the best since they can make you look washed out. The same goes for shades close to brass.
Green Eyes and Pale Skin
Red hair is one of the best options for green-eyed beauties with pale skin. Red or at least some shades of red will make the green in your eyes stand out. Other options include;
- A wide range of blondes will bring out your green eyes perfectly but do remember to work along with your hair stylist to ensure you don’t go for a shade that will make you look washed out.
- Black and brown shades could also make a great option to accentuate that stunning green eye color.
Green Eyes and Tan Skin
If you have green eyes with a tanned skin, try the following ideas
A dark chocolate brown shade should have those green eyes full of sparkle. Light to medium shades of brown are good options if you are not into dark brown.
If you do not mind rocking in something completely different, try a champagne shade, inquire from your hair stylist. It is a rare shade that will give you an outstanding yet cute look from another plane.
Good Colors for Green Eyes and Olive Skin
If you follow most of the guidelines for warm skin tones, which is where most people with olive skin tone fall, you might as well end up with unnatural hair color for olive skin. It is true that some people with this tone may have other eye colors such as hazel, grey eyes, blue eyes or even brown eyes.
Since olive skin has green undertones, you will look great if you complement it with red shades. According to the Beauty Bible, dark hair would look great on olive skins. However, since green eyes are not as bright as blue ones, you can add some spice with some highlights of red such as chestnut to burgundy.
Light Skin with Green Eyes
Well, if you did not know, there’s a difference between light skin and fair skin tone. Well, fair skinned people have more of a porcelain complexion. Light skinned women on the other hand are not “that light.” Now with that in mind, what is the best hair color for light skin and green eyes?
- You will never go wrong with blonde hair shades and that is for both people with light green eyes and dark green eyes. This will definitely allow your eyes to pop.
- Dark brown hair is also good for girls who have light skin and green eyes, including light green eyes. You can have light brown or blonde highlights added to it too.
The Hairman Stephe expert on Hairstyling recommends that if you are stuck with the dilemma of having to choose between the cool blondes and warm golden blondes, always choose cool hues especially if you have green eyes. It is a narrow line, but it always works and can also be effective for women with blue eyes and pale skin.
Best Brown Hair Color for Green Eyes
Can you wear brown hair if you have bright eyes? Yes, a few shades of brown will look great on you. In fact, some browns look perfect for actresses with deep blue eyes to light green eye colors. If you want some brown, choose some dark chocolate brown waves.
Work on your eyebrows as well in order to complement your look. My suggestion would be fuller eyebrows, and then add highlights of something like warm chestnut brown in order to make your hair look more vibrant. It will also complement your complexion.
Best Blonde Hair Color for Green Eyes
Blonde hair can be very flattering especially if you have fair skin with warm undertones. In fact, a mix of butter, gold and honey shades can look very natural on your hair and still give your eyes the show.
However, when choosing good blonde hair colors to wear on green eyes, try on the multidimensional mixes to make sure you avoid looking washed out. For women with pale skin or those with cool undertones, golden blonde might not work so well for you. If you wear this, you are likely to end up looking dull and you don’t want that.
Best Brunette Hair Color for Green Eyes
Brunette is a shade of browns and can include anything from espresso to honey and toffee. Can green eyed girls wear brunette hair too? Well, yes, including those with hazel green eye colors. Ombre is one of the shades you will be craving for once you try it on.
If you want to choose ombre brunette hair dye, you want to blend in with light and dark highlights. This will prevent the creation of harsh lines on your hair. If you are of fair skin complexion, then the threads or highlights will also help you looking severely colored. Remember the biggest trick is to go with waves as opposed to straight hair.
Allwomenstalk: Awesome Makeup Tips for Green Eyes
CBS News: The Right Hair Color Can Do Wonders